Last Updated 18th November 2020
TrendieBingo is owned and operated by Dazzletag Entertainment Limited.
We are bound by data protection and privacy laws. Under data protection and privacy laws, Dazzletag Entertainment Limited is a data controller of your personal data. Data controller is a legal term used in the General Data Protection Regulation to signify the entity who controls what to do with any given personal data.
By giving us your personal information, directly and/or through use of our services, you are accepting and consenting to our processing of your personal information in accordance with the practices described in this policy.
We may need to update this policy from time to time to reflect business or regulatory changes. If we do, we will contact all our customers pro-actively. However, it is important that you continue to check this policy regularly to ensure you are familiar with its terms.
If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries relating to these practices, please contact our Customer Support team on: email@example.com.
1 Who We Are
We are licensed to provide remote gambling facilities and software by the Malta Gaming Authority of Malta and The Gambling Commission of Great Britain. In this policy, we refer to ourselves as “we”, “us”, “our” and “Dazzletag Entertainment Ltd”.
2 What We Collect
During the registration process and when you subsequently use your account at one of our brands, you may be asked to submit specific personal data including, but not limited to:
- your first and last name
- date of birth
- credit card or other payment information
- home address
- e-mail address
- phone/mobile number or other contact data
- a unique username for your account
Much of the personal data we request from you is essential for the provision of the services to you (for example, enabling you to play the games on our website) or is required in order for us to comply with our legal obligations. It will be made clear to you when information we request is mandatory. We will not be able to provide you with our services or allow you to create an account with us if you choose to withhold requested information.
When you are logged into your account, Dazzletag Entertainment Ltd may also collect:
- a record of all internet communications and details of your visits to our website(s)
- a record of all wagers and game play activity
- a record of all promotional activity and bonus code redemption
- technical information relating to the device, such as device identifier, and browser you use to access our website
- details of transactions you carry out through the site, such as payments, withdrawals and wagers
- details of payment methods used; i.e. last four digits and card type
- communications with us or our employees; i.e. calls, emails, and messages sent through the live chat service
- messages or comments sent via our social media pages
- communications (chat logs) between you and other website users; e.g. public and private chat in our bingo rooms
- information regarding your location, including IP address
- any additional information you submit through the website; for example, on forums, chat rooms, comment sections or in response to quizzes and questionnaires
- in certain instances, we may also request that you send us additional information to verify your identity. This may include copies of photographic identification documents, proof of address, and source of funds for your account.
3 How We Use Your Information
We process your personal data for the purposes of:
- creating and managing your account
- providing you with our services
- if necessary, contacting you via your registered contact information in connection with the management and operation of your account;
- protecting your personal information
- processing your online financial and wagering transactions
- researching your preferences, to develop new features, functionality, products and services
- providing you with customer support; ensuring our website functions correctly and identifying any technical issues
- complying with our legal and regulatory requirements, such as those relating to the identification of individuals under anti-money laundering legislation and ensuring responsible gambling
- complying with legal requirements for geo-restriction of gambling services; preventing fraudulent activity or cheating
- development of player profiles and algorithms to improve sales and marketing performance
- determining what promotions and bonuses to offer you
- analysing website traffic and providing you, unless you have not opted in, or subsequent to that, have opted out, with information by the contact methods you authorise us to use about our services, products, competitions, prizes and offers.
- publishing community content of interest to other players and to showcase our brands, such as via https://blog.bingocams.co.uk/
Any commercial analysis performed is solely for our benefit and is not transmitted to any third party provided; however, we do reserve the right to transmit any personal data to third parties in a manner consistent with legal and regulatory requirements such as for e.g., fraud, anti-money laundering purposes and the like.
4 Who we share your data with
Dazzletag Entertainment Ltd may also be required to disclose your information to government authorities, such as the police or our regulators, to comply with our legal obligations and the requirements of our gambling licences, including for anti-money laundering purposes.
In the event of the completed sale of our business, or other business event which results in us having to transfer your personal data to a third party, you will be notified via email, and/or notice posted on our website, to explain the identity of the new data controller and your options regarding your personal data.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of third party organisations. Please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for these policies. Please check these policies carefully before you submit any personal data via those websites.
5 Our Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (e.g., to provide our services to you)
- you have provided your consent (e.g., for us to send you marketing);
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations (e.g., to enable us to comply with fraud, anti-money laundering and gambling legislation)
- for reasons of substantial public interest
- it is in our (or a third party's) legitimate interests and such interests do not prejudice your rights or freedoms.
- our (or a third party's) legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring our services are used fairly and in accordance with our terms and conditions;
- Combating crime (e.g., anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, etc) which could also include our requirement to comply with legal obligations, for instance, under money laundering regulations and legislation
- Detecting and preventing player game fraud and abuse, bonus abuse, in-game abuse
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- Actions that are part and parcel to provision of services; such as account creation, account functionality, access to gambling, payment processing and customer services;
- Commercial purposes, including marketing, personalisation of offers, VIP management, trading decisions, website optimisation, promotions and bonuses, loyalty programmes, value profiling and risk management, such as promotional controls and stake factoring and customer retention;
- Social responsibility (i.e., minimisation of gambling related harm);
- Our enablement to benefit from the services and expertise of third party services providers;
- Regulatory and statutory requirements, such as, as above combating crime, plus specific know-your-customer (KYC) issues; such as location, device used, which might be needed to comply with the Gambling Commission's Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice; and, Transmission of customer data within our corporate group for the purposes of internal administration.
- Where we rely on legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have a right under data protection legislation to object to that processing if you believe that your particular situation means that your rights and freedoms are unduly negatively impacted. You can exercise that right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may be able to continue to process your personal data for our legitimate interest reasons, even if you object, where we can show compelling reason(s) for doing so.
6 Marketing, Opting In and Opting Out
We request your consent to market to you when you first create an account with us. Thereafter, you can choose not to receive marketing/promotional material at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link from promotional material being received, by changing your preference settings on the “My Account/Details” page or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have opted-in to receive promotional material on the TrendieBingo brand, we may occasionally send you similar offers from other brands operated by Dazzletag Entertainment Limited, which will cease if you opt-out.
If you have not opted in, or subsequently thereafter have opted out of marketing from us, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure you no longer receive promotional material about Dazzletag Entertainment Limited. Please note that this may mean you no longer receive information about promotional offers and bonuses. Mailings that have been scheduled before your opt-out may still reach you.
If you have shared your email address with both us and Facebook, Facebook will use your profile to find similar Facebook users who may wish to become members or to provide you with associated information which Facebook believes to be relevant. Further details are provided on Facebook’s website. Facebook is an independent data control for this purpose of processing.
7 Access to your Information and your Rights
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data
- a right to access your personal information in machine-readable format and to request that we transfer this to a third-party data controller
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed, but this right is not absolute, for example specific gambling and/or licensing regulations may require us to retain certain personal data about you)
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation
- a right to object to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling (for more information about how to unsubscribe from marketing please see section above)
- where we make it clear that we are relying on consent to process your personal data (such as for marketing purposes), you will have the right to withdraw consent at any time. You can exercise this right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or, in relation to marketing material, by unsubscribing
- This will not affect or undo any instances where we have already lawfully used or shared your information prior to you withdrawing your consent
- a right to lodge a complaint to data protection supervisory authorities (for example in the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office and in Ireland this is the Data Protection Commissioner)
- a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests if you believe that your particular situation means that your rights and freedoms are unduly prejudiced
You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change. Should you require additional information about how to exercise your rights please write to email@example.com.
Cookies perform various different functions. For example, some cookies are session cookies, which are downloaded to your device temporarily for the period that you browse a particular website; these cookies will allow you to navigate between pages more efficiently or enable the website to remember the offers you are eligible to receive. Other cookies are persistent cookies, which can be used to help website remember you as a returning visitor or ensure the online adverts you receive are more relevant to your specific needs and interests.
The cookies we use can be split into two categories; necessary and functional.
Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website and provision of our services. These include tracking of your location, unique user ID, depositor status and session ID.
Functional cookies are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously). These include cookies from Google Analytics that help us track what pages players are visiting and which features on the website are being used.
You can manage and/or remove cookies via your browser settings. However, as some cookies are essential for the operation of our websites and services, we may not be able to serve you our products unless you choose to accept at least the necessary cookies from us, this is because these are often required for regulatory and anti-fraud obligations.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also use cookie Facebook (_fbp). These belong to Facebook and help them deliver interest- based advertisements to you.
9 Storage Security and Retention of Personal Data
We are required to keep full records of all financial and wagering transactions together with any identification provided. Subject to the clause below, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary under our legal obligations and for the purposes for which it was collected.
We will hold your personal data for so long as you have your account with us, we are providing services to you and for up to six years following the end of the services. We provide to you or your last contact with us. We will delete any personal data sooner where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, but please be aware that this retention period may also be extended if any applicable statutory or regulatory obligation requires us to hold information for a longer period or if there is an active dispute or the possibility of an active dispute between us that extends past the normal retention period.